The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for leading the technical work-around systems architecture on a day-to-day basis and will be responsible for supporting front office (includes both public and private markets) functionality. This includes assigning tasks, overseeing processes, and directing the work of other Business Systems Analysts that design systems.. This role will also be responsible for leading the construction and maintenance of the processes utilized by the Business Systems Analysts and consultants. This role has deep investment industry knowledge allowing the incumbent to effectively analyze, design, model/prototype, test, and guide the implementation of systems. The role leads the development of the Business Systems Analyst activities and controls including partnering with Operations and other parts of Technology to ensure that systems are appropriately designed to meet business needs and be effectively supported over time. Finally, this role both provides technical guidance and directs others to provide technical guidance for those items that have been developed by the team.
- Work with Technology Owners, Business Owners, and Operations to research and implement new front office solutions and identify the support needs of those solutions.
- Interface with Investment Management, Operations, and internal and external technology resourcesto ensure business needs are continuously being met in a proactive fashion.
- Partner with Business Analysts to perform functional testing of enhancements/changes to systems to validate technical functionality.
- Identify gaps in front office systems architecture and design. Make recommendations to business and Technology management about the best way to address these gaps.
- Serve as the architect/designer for the front office systems including being an advisor to the business on technology related issues.
- Lead the effort to design front office based solutions including building technical specifications and source-to-target mapping documents based on business requirements to be utilized by other technology staff to build/configure systems.
- Provide input in assisting build, evolve, and refine the framework from which to standardize the Business Systems Analyst practice.
- Participate in building business case justifications to support the pursuit of systems designed to meet our needs.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate solutions architecture and design meetings.
- Continue to mature and evolve knowledge of investment and asset management business practices, both from a textbook and a practical perspective.
- Understand general and investment industry specific technology trends and forecast future technology shifts.
- Research new investment management technologies to help drive business capabilities forward and maintain a high degree of awareness of common industry specific trends, products, vendors and services.
- Work with Technology, Operations, and other departments to provide data on the value of technology to stakeholders, annual budgets and forecasts.
- Work with Technology management to monitor the general health of the application and services portfolio.
- Take a lead role coordinating activities with systems analysts and developers as they build out the solutions. Provide assistance, facilitate discussions, work through issues, provide guidance, and ensure business needs are continuously being met.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference focus within Information Systems or Finance.
- 7 plus years of investment management industry experience.
- Have knowledge of systems from vendors such as FactSet, Bloomberg, BlackRock Aladdin, Charles River, RiskMetrics or equivalents with a focus on the use of such systems from a public markets perspective (private markets experience would be preferred as well).
- Substantial knowledge of investment industry operational and functional capabilities.
- Substantial knowledge of investment industry strategies, processes and technologies.
- Ability to objectively influence successful outcomes and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to document and communicate technical knowledge effectively.
- Ability to envision solutions, communicate those solutions and help form tangible outputs from those conceptual solutions.
- Communicating complex technology subjects in layman’s terms.
- Detailed familiarity with common investment practices and securities.
- Ability to design technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology specifications and design systems to meet the needs of the busines
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. We are prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Application Systems Analyst
Computer Systems Analyst
About Damerell Resources Inc
We are a woman-owned business focused on connecting companies seeking the best talent, to IT and Finance professionals seeking the best opportunities. The marketplace is challenging for both employers and candidates. Organizations are looking for candidates with specific skills and want the best talent for their particular needs - while operating within tight budget constraints. Individuals looking for that next step in their career have to wade through a lot of noise to find the real opportunities at companies who will value what they bring to the table. Connecting the best companies and candidates is our goal. And since we want you to regard us as a trusted partner - one that you can count on for the future and refer to your friends - we remain committed to providing you with open communication and great service.