Provides business and technical systems analysis development and systems support efforts for mission-critical business processes and business applications. Works to improve the business by addressing problems and opportunities through improved business processes and enterprise applications. Involved in the entire project lifecycle and system support activities. Defines and configures ERP, PLM, MES, IoT and other enterprise business applications to meet business objectives and ensures successful implementations and high-quality support. Provides guidance to users and to other applications development staff in incorporating solutions and developing business processes and procedures to business opportunities and problems. Involved as appropriate in systems architecture, project planning and project and support methodology. As needed, supervises IT contractors and vendor personnel in completing small projects in their definition and implementation.
- Work proactively with all levels in the business community to identify business functions and processes to which to apply information technology and generate increased profits.
- As directed or as proactively needed, meet with users and IT management, staff and committees to identify business requirements, create system development plans, and define project development deliverables and objectives. Provide advice on business process and system designs that solve business problems or exploit business opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with the user community to address business requirements, resolve problems, implement new systems, and identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Provide technical expertise, basic training, and support for ERP, PLM, IIoT, MES and other enterprise business applications. Identify requirements, setup and configure the business application using the vendor-provided or third-party development tool set; implement, test and maintain the configuration and integration or interface solutions.
- Analyze, design and develop specifications for enhancements and extensions to ERP and other enterprise business systems. Document procedures and records solutions to known problems.
- Actively participate and support a project management culture and the organizational capabilities that deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective information technology solutions. Contribute to and maintain project development methodology and technology standards under various development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Ensure that application, data and infrastructure architectures are documented and that updates are applied to these architectural documents as changes are made. Develop business systems and technology standards in accordance with architecture decisions to ensure business and IT developer productivity.
- Contributes to the development and evolution of technical standards, and operational processes and policies of the IT division; trains less experienced staff on their use and ensures their use in the support and development activities.
- Oversees key projects and development efforts to ensure high-quality and efficient execution of the project from definition, planning, system design, solution development, testing, documentation and implementation. Reports progress to project teams, other IT management and senior business management.
- Generates business requirements, designs business and technology processes and related application systems. Develops high-quality solutions that meet or exceed technical and business standards.
- Expands his/her own technical and business and skills through participation on quality and process improvement teams, formal and informal training classes and seminars, self-study and “on-the-job” activities.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Experience with modern enterprise packaged or cloud application software in a manufacturing or distribution industries is required. Global industrial or automotive manufacturing experience is ideal.
- Experience with the development and implementation of software in languages and tools that leverage and are compatible with the technologies and architecture of various mission-critical business applications such as advanced manufacturing ERP, PLM, MES, IIoT and other manufacturing-related application systems.
- Experience with or exposure to many of the following technologies: SQL, modern languages (e.g., JAVA, C#, Perl, etc.)
- Extensive experience in executing tasks related to project definition, business and technical requirements development and implementation tasks such as training, code development, systems and integration testing, and cutover support phases.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for interaction with all levels of business users, IT team members and software and consulting providers are crucial.
- A degree in information technology for business applications or equivalent work experience is required.
About Damerell Resources Inc
We are a woman-owned business focused on connecting companies seeking the best talent, to IT and Finance professionals seeking the best opportunities. The marketplace is challenging for both employers and candidates. Organizations are looking for candidates with specific skills and want the best talent for their particular needs - while operating within tight budget constraints. Individuals looking for that next step in their career have to wade through a lot of noise to find the real opportunities at companies who will value what they bring to the table. Connecting the best companies and candidates is our goal. And since we want you to regard us as a trusted partner - one that you can count on for the future and refer to your friends - we remain committed to providing you with open communication and great service.