ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop target data models in collaboratively with other Data Team members.
Collaborate with various data consumers (business users, product development, report content authors, and IT) to capture data requirements; act as “gatekeeper” to identify conflicting requirements or anomalies in source data
Data mining to locate source data and validate the completeness of business rule.
Design, develop, and maintain data acquisition application (Extract, Transform, and Load procedures) using Information Builders iWay, Microsoft SQL tools, Sybase PowerDesigner and other similar tools.
Package data model and ETL changes for deployment and promotion
Support Quality Assurance testing of data objects in isolation or as part of other code releases.
Assist in developing standards/best practices in ETL design and maintenance.
Assist in developing standards/best practices in application development, documentation, build automation and other IT development tools and processes
Perform code reviews.
Ongoing support of back-end data processes including bug fixing and performance improvement.
General assistance with complex query development and SQL performance tuning across IT
Communicate with project management and team lead on status of assigned tasks, estimates of proposed tasks, and actual time spent on completion of project tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Regular work experience in a custom application development environment following Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum or Kanban)
- Extensive experience with designing and writing scripts to extract, transform, cleanse and load data
- A solid understanding of ETL processes and analytical data models including working knowledge of the Kimball methodology and Star-Schemas
- Ability to give direction and mentor junior level developers
- Flexibility to work in an evolving framework with evolving business requirements
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and code debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as a team member on projects.
- Able to estimate and implement small to medium size projects.
- Work with Data Access Developers to optimize query strategies and timings
- Develop an understanding of the relationships between data on front-end systems and the analytic data to be able to reconcile data between the two.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years of application or data development experience in a predominantly Microsoft environment.
· Minimum 5 years writing SQL queries, including at least 3 years of regular work on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or newer)
· Minimum 3 years working with one or more ETL tools, especially Informatica or iWay.
· Minimum 3 years of data modeling experience with at least one year focused on OLAP
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Data Lakes and/or Cloud Data Warehouses
· Working knowledge of QlikSense, QlikView, Tableau or other visual analytics tools
About Damerell Resources Inc
We are a woman-owned business focused on connecting companies seeking the best talent, to IT and Finance professionals seeking the best opportunities. The marketplace is challenging for both employers and candidates. Organizations are looking for candidates with specific skills and want the best talent for their particular needs - while operating within tight budget constraints. Individuals looking for that next step in their career have to wade through a lot of noise to find the real opportunities at companies who will value what they bring to the table. Connecting the best companies and candidates is our goal. And since we want you to regard us as a trusted partner - one that you can count on for the future and refer to your friends - we remain committed to providing you with open communication and great service.